2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
18 g / 1 heaped tablespoon EZE Sweet
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs – separated
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
a dash of cinnamon
- Melt the butter with the milk and bring to the boil.
- Mix the flour, EZE Sweet, salt and egg yolks with some cold milk.
- Add it to milk mixture as soon as it starts boiling and whisk.
- Simmer for 5 – 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until light and fluffy and fold into the milk, flour and egg yolk mixture.
- Make sure it is well combined while still on the heat to ensure that there are no lumps.
- Remove from the stove and add vanilla.
- Pour it into a prepared pie crust and sprinkle with cinnamon. Let cool and set before digging in.